Gartner published its hype cycle and Communication for this year. It shows NFV at the “Trough of Disillusionment” on the curve. This is usually the case with any new technology. As a new technology comes along, it brings along its share of pretenders. In the dot-com boom-bust, a lot of companies bought into the “dot-com” hype and eventually went bust or gave up on the idea.
Companies that are built upon hype but do not add any real value and lose focus of their customers, are eventually purged. This has become a norm in the industry. The companies that survived went to rewrite history and redefine how the world works.
Similarly, when the dust settles in the Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) landscape, only those companies that have a true NFV solution and execute flawlessly will remain and continue to flourish. NOT all NFV solutions are created equal. The Affirmed NFV solutions are built from ground up unlike other incumbents who still trying hard to hold on to their legacy systems and only doing lip service to NFV. With our relentless NFV focus and customer obsession we have established ourselves as the market leader in the NFV space. Affirmed NFV solutions are far superior to all solutions in the market. The Affirmed solution has differentiated and best in class features such as,
- Dynamic capacity scaling : Ability to flexibly scale network capacity up or down as network traffic increases/decreases leading to better network performance and fewer stranded
- Geo-independence : MNOs can pool network resources centrally and provision them dynamically across geographies to reduce under/overcapacity in certain
- Clustered Architecture: Consolidating the EPC functions like PGW and SGW into a single cluster to increase the overall efficiency.
- Built‐In Load Balancing: In built load balancer for incoming and outgoing network traffic.
- N-Way Redundancy and Continuous Availability: Several layers of redundancy and availability in case of failures.
- Collapsed EPC and Gi LAN Functionality: Collapsing EPC and Gi LAN functions into a single software solution reduces the number of platforms deployed, overall complexity of the network, and time to create and launch new
- Service Chaining and Orchestration : The ability to seamlessly connect and automate service flows increases both the kind of services that an MNO can deliver and the speed with which they can deliver
- Support for Commercial Hypervisors and COTS Hardware.
With millions of subscribers on live networks, over 25 customers and 40+ trials, Affirmed Networks is uniquely positioned to see a different trend towards success. At Affirmed, we already see NFV on the “Slope of Enlightenment” and fast approaching the Plateau of Productivity.