Network slicing is fundamental to operators supporting diverse services, each with with specific requirements, on a common network platform. Slicing enables operators to configure virtual network instances, optimized for a specific customer or service, more quickly and at a lower cost. The Affirmed Virtual Slice Selection Function (vSSF) enables fine-grained network slicing across legacy, virtualized and multi-vendor environments.
- vSSF is a centralized function that steer’s traffic to specific gateways without the need to make configuration changes to other network elements.
- Traffic can be steered based on a variety of criteria including IMSI, IMEI, location, RAT type or an external policy such plan type, time-of-day, quote etc.
- Provides fine-grained, dynamic service control at the per-user level.
- vSSF can be deployed in a legacy, virtualized or multivendor environment. Supports both 4G and 5G networks.
- Combining the vSSF with other Affirmed innovations, such as the Affirmed Service Automation Platform, operators can rapidly deploy network slices and new revenue-generating services, reducing the time-to-market and operational costs by as much as 90%.