Call it a need for speed. The mobile cloud era has changed the way that enterprises and individuals consume mobile services. They expect services that combine innovation with personalization, and they want them now—not three months from now. Mobile networks, however, weren’t designed for rapid innovation and service creation. They require hundreds of different network elements, thousands of configurations and months just to make simple changes to existing services. But all of that is about to change.
ASAP is the first service creation platform to build on the promise of network functions virtualization (NFV) by adding service automation to mobile networks. Instead of configuring dozens of elements individually, ASAP allows MNOs to automate new service configurations using pre-defined “recipes” and seamlessly orchestrate those changes across both physical and virtual elements in their networks. The result is a dramatic decrease in the time and effort required to create and update new services in the network: from days and sometimes months to hours and minutes.
ASAP is simply the fastest way to create, innovate and update new mobile services in the network.
- Supports a wide range of network interfaces for complete service orchestration: SOAP, REST, NETCONF/YANG, CLI, etc.
- No complex programming required – GUI-driven screens and drag-and-drop commands make it easy to define and launch new services.
- Centralized service provisioning eliminates the need for dedicated software agents to manage element configurations.
- Synchronizes service changes across any physical and virtual network element that supports a standard network interface.
- Features a built-in sandbox for a smoother transition between testing and production environments.
- Reduces the time and cost required to launch new mobile services by as much as 97%.