We are pleased to report that respected industry analyst firm, Current Analysis, has given Affirmed Networks the highest rating in a recent report of profiling potentially disruptive companies across a number of segments.
Through their “Market Disruptor Profile” series, Current Analysis provides an overview and analysis of companies generating new competitive threats in the market – companies that demand attention despite potential limited market share or time in the market. As part of their latest research, Current Analysis profiled 112 companies who are potential disruptors in IT and telecom which “demand attention despite limited market share or time in the market.”
Companies included in Market Disruptor profiles are given one of four rankings by Current Analysis based on their potential for market disruption. These ratings include:
- Challenger: A new player challenging the status quo of an established industry segment
- Explorer: A player exploring market reactions to a new kind of business model
- Transformer: An initiatives seeking to expose & exploit an entirely new segment or revenue opportunity
- Game-Changer: A highly disruptive new force set to redefine the segment’s value chain & status quo
Current Analysis awarded Affirmed Networks a rating of “Game-Changer” – the highest raking given – in the category of “SDN/NFV Specialist” based on our success across many areas, including:
- Our Ecosystem of Key Partners: including HPE, EMC, VMWare, Dell EMC, Juniper, Red Hat, Canonical, and IBM
- Our traction with more than 40 customers globally
- Our inclusion as a strategic supplier as part of AT&T’s Domain 2.0 program which provides “industry visibility and close alignment with operators’ virtualization initiatives,” and
- For our strong financial backing of more than $163 million from top venture firms and strategic investors such as Charles River Ventures, Matrix Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, KCK Group, Lightspeed Venture Partners, T-Venture, and Vodafone Ventures.
Needless to say, we are honored to receive this distinction by Current Analysis, a firm that is so widely respected across the IT and telecom industries. While humbled, we agree that NFV does represent a truly disruptive technology that is capable of providing transformational results for operators worldwide.
Since being founded just six years ago, our mission was to build the industry’s best solution for virtualizing mobile networks and guiding our customers through an evolution to a new type of network architecture. While we are proud of the work we have done in this area, it is rewarding to be recognized by one of the top observers and influencers of our market.