Since its founding, Affirmed Networks has grown into a market leader with a global operations team and a worldwide presence. Affirmed’s flagship product, the industry’s first fully virtualized and cloud-native Evolved Packet Core (EPC) platform, is deployed in many of the world’s largest MNOs, and enjoys trials with multiple operators. This includes 5G trials in several countries.
Title: Cloud Native Platform Architect
The Cloud Native Platform Architect will play a critical role in the architecture, design, and development of Affirmed Networks cloud native solutions. You will interface with the Product Management, Engineering, and QA teams to deliver a cloud native infrastructure environment that will support the deployment of multiple Affirmed offerings and microservices. Throughout the product development lifecycle, the Cloud Native Platform Architect is responsible for driving development progress and for communicating effectively with all internal stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver strategies to ensure a fast, resilient, and scalable microservices infrastructure
- Understand business requirements and participate in project roadmap discussions in order to design, estimate, and deliver secure and high performing platform solutions
- Propose and implement ideas to improve operational processes and procedures
- Provide governance, security, networking, and infrastructure policy framework
- Manage and deliver complex infrastructure projects
- Manage the staff and activities of the infrastructure development team
- Technical leadership experience delivering Iaas or PaaS for cloud native microservice architectures
- Expertise with high-performance NoSQL Databases
- Strong working knowledge in Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos or other Open Container Initiative.
- Expert in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of the application services across environments, location, and hybrid models
- Experience with Mobile core technologies, including 3gpp, EPC Virtualization, M2M and LTE is helpful
- Expert knowledge in the development of cloud native applications that adhere to microservices and twelve-factor application principles
- Experience delivering observability solutions using CNCF projects
- Ability to identify Performance bottlenecks.
- Experience in building highly available platforms running in production handling no downtime rollouts via use of service mesh projects
- Experience with release tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, Coverity, and Bit Bucket
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- Expertise in Go, Python, Java or C/C++.
- Expertise in shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of Networking and SDN.
- Strong Linux systems knowledge.
- Strong understanding of fundamental distributed system principles.
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health, dental & vision insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off and holidays, and a 401K plan. We have a diversified group of people who thrive on collaboration in our dynamic environment. We pride ourselves on our high commitment, high performance, winning culture that fosters and develops an atmosphere of trust, respect, open communication, and employee development.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com