Principal Engineer responsible for architecture, design and implementation of Cloud Native Platform Services.
As a Principal Platform Engineer, the candidate will help build a best-of-breed platform for developing high-performance Telco applications. Responsibilities will include integrating, enhancing, and contributing to leading open-source projects such as Istio, Envoy, Calico, Etcd, Prometheus, and other Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) projects, as well as building proprietary Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) components.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in software development, with recent experience deploying and using platform level third-party/open source projects and microservices in cloud environments.
- Experience building and deploying microservices in private and public cloud environments and addressing infrastructure and platform level needs for cloud native applications.
- Experience building proprietary or open-source platform components used by large number of application developers.
- Experience developing or extending one or more Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) frameworks such as Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Heroku.
- Deep knowledge of, and experience with computer networking including aspects of DNS, IP Tables, L3/L4/L7 Proxy, Load Balancing, and TLS.
- Experience with life cycle management of open source applications.
- Excellent C/C++, Go, Python or Java programming skills and strong OOD knowledge.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process – concept architecture, design, implementation and testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in any of the following skills will be an additional asset:
- Agile software development processes
- Active contributor to any CNCF project
Education: Candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. MS preferred.
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health, dental & vision insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off and holidays, and a 401K plan. We have a diversified group of people who thrive on collaboration in our dynamic environment. We pride ourselves on our high commitment, high performance, winning culture that fosters and develops an atmosphere of trust, respect, open communication, and employee development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org