Description: Senior Cloud/Openstack Engineer is responsible for planning, installation, support and continuous improvement for the IaaS platforms that support Affirmed Networks Next Generations Cloud based platforms with a focus on Openstack.
Responsibilities: The Senior Cloud/Openstack Engineer will be the primary technical lead for Affirmed Networks next generation Cloud Computing platform. This role requires in depth expertise in all Cloud computing areas with direct responsibility to plan, engineer, roll out and support the hardware, software, monitoring, troubleshooting, expansion and onboarding for SW development organization.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years in a Cloud Computing role, with a focus and expertise in:
- Openstack Planning, Installation, maintenance and continuous improvement
- Operational, performance, and Usage monitoring with tools like CloudForms or similar.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Enterprise Networking components and hardware.
- Cloud Security
- HP/Dell and other Hardware platforms
- SAN and NAS storage
- Training IT staff to assist in 24×7 operations to empower 3 development locations using common cloud
Experience in or with the following skill and technology will be an additional asset:
- VMware Virtualization
- Linux Systems administration
- DevOps methodology and implementation
- AWS/Azure/Google Cloud for augmentation and cloud bursting
The candidate must be able to juggle multiple short- and long-term tasks by assessing priorities and adjusting as needed. Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to work with developers, Release Engineers, and across teams. A self-starter and independent worker is required.
Education: Candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health, dental & vision insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off and holidays, and a 401K plan. We have a diversified group of people who thrive on collaboration in our dynamic environment. We pride ourselves on our high commitment, high performance, winning culture that fosters and develops an atmosphere of trust, respect, open communication, and employee development.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com