Software Development – Senior Principal Software Engineer
This position is responsible for concept, architecture, design, implementation and verification of features and functionality for the Affirmed Networks AMF/MME products which supports 5G/4G technologies.
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 8 years of experience in software development for telecom products involved with call control and control plane software in various platforms.
- Strong development and problem solving skills are required.
- Excellent “C++” programming skills and strong object-oriented knowledge.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process – concept architecture, design, implementation and testing.
- Strong background in developing event-driven distributed software applications on Linux/Unix.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in any of the following skills will be an additional asset:
- Knowledge of 3GPP architecture Nodes: AMF, MME, CSGN, SGSN.
- Knowledge of 3GPP 5G/LTE wireless architecture, procedures and message flows.
- Knowledge of Mobility and Session Management.
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts and environments (Openstack/VmWare).
- Hands-on experience with Cloud native based Micro-service architecture (K8 preferred)
- Experience integrating applications with some of the following open source projects: Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger, Elastic Search, Kibana, Grafana, Mongo DB, etcd, Kubernetes and Consul.
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Programming skills in PERL, Python.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies (Scrum).
Candidate should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related Engineering field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health, dental & vision insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off and holidays, and a 401K plan. We have a diversified group of people who thrive on collaboration in our dynamic environment. We pride ourselves on our high commitment, high performance, winning culture that fosters and develops an atmosphere of trust, respect, open communication, and employee development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org