Senior Engineer responsible for architecture, design and implementation of Cloud Native Platform Services.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, the candidate will help build a best-of-breed platform for developing high-performance Telco applications. Responsibilities will include integrating, enhancing, and contributing to leading open-source projects such as Istio, Envoy, Calico, Etcd, Prometheus, and other Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) projects, as well as building proprietary Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) components.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in software development, with recent experience deploying and using platform level third-party/open source projects and microservices in cloud environments.
- Experience building and deploying microservices in private and public cloud environments and addressing infrastructure and platform level needs for cloud native applications.
- Experience building proprietary or open-source platform components used by large number of application developers.
- Experience developing or extending one or more Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) frameworks such as Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Heroku.
- Deep knowledge of, and experience with computer networking including aspects of DNS, IP Tables, L3/L4/L7 Proxy, Load Balancing, and TLS will be a plus.
- Experience deploying and integrating open source PaaS projects such as MongoDB, Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger, Elastic Search will be a plus.
- Experience with life cycle management of open source applications.
- Excellent C/C++, Go, or Python programming skills and strong OOD knowledge.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process – concept architecture, design, implementation and testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in any of the following skills will be an additional asset:
- Agile software development processes
- Active contributor to any CNCF project
Education: Candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. MS preferred.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com