The Standards Architect will be a member of the CTO organization. As a Standards Architect you will always work in the forefront defining the system solutions for the next generations of Packet Core and is expected to innovate and think out of the box on a regular basis for telco applications.
The candidate will be responsible for representing Affirmed Networks in global standard bodies (including but not limited to 3GPP, ETSI, etc.) and driving Affirmed Networks’ strategic interest in these organizations. With the great opportunity to build innovations that benefit Affirmed Networks’ products and generate new IPs.
- Represent Affirmed Networks in standards body activities to influence the industry with innovative vision of the company
- Define the overall architecture, external interfaces and detailed functional description of the solution
- Provide active support for, product management, pre-sales and marketing activities including technical solutions support in the RFI/RFP response
- Provide system level technical support in customer meetings
- Work closely with our technical area leaders; be involved in early technical discussions, ensure synchronization between Affirmed Products and the 3GPP standard with regards to functionality and performance, in tight coordination with Product Management and Product Development.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in the wireless telecommunications industry
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required. MBA is a plus Excellent relationship with tier-1 operator’s technical staff
- Competence within one or several of following: telecom, IT systems, cloud development
- You are a quick learner of new technology and products and dare to come up with own ideas on how to do things.
- Highly developed knowledge sharing & collaboration skills
- Competence in edge computing
- Competence in massive & critical IoT.
- Competence in routing/networking.
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts
- Innovative “out-of-box” thinker with “can-do” attitude
- Work experience at a startup is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of 3GPP EPC and 5G core from standards to product
- Excellent knowledge of standards related to these areas. Previous participation and contribution to standards is a plus
- Superb ability to gather customer requirements and translate them into product specifications
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health, dental & vision insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off and holidays, and a 401K plan. We have a diversified group of people who thrive on collaboration in our dynamic environment. We pride ourselves on our high commitment, high performance, winning culture that fosters and develops an atmosphere of trust, respect, open communication, and employee development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org