Description: Principal Engineer responsible for testing and approval-to-release of a common Cloud Native platform of microservices built to support our Telco applications.
Responsibilities: As a Principal Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for test strategy, planning, scripting, execution and final release quality of PaaS (Platform as a Service) components targeted to support our applications in public and private clouds.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have 11 + years of experience in software test, with recent experience deploying platform level projects and microservices in cloud environments.
- Strong development and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience certifying PaaS components for Continuous Deployment (CD)independently, and as a collection. Components include Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger, Elastic Search, Kibana, Grafana, Mongo DB, etcd, Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy, and Consul
- A demonstrated ability and vision to implement a CD system. Build a workflow, toolset, processes, scripts and tests to ensure readiness for deployment. Qualify PaaS components for functionality, robustness, performance, and life cycle management features (upgrade, rollback, scale out, etc)
- Familiarity wit Mock servers or simulators for testing APIs and Microservices.
- As an early team member, establish policies/procedure and implement tools to capture test progress and results.
- Considerable programming experience with Python/Java/C/C++
- Experience working with and/or developing automation frameworks
- Database experience would be a great asset
- Extensive experience working with Linux based operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in any of the following skills will be an additional asset:
- Infrastructure, reliability, and operations of Telco Data Centers
- Agile software development processes
Education: Candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. MS preferred.
Send your resume to email@example.com for consideration
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org