Title: Senior Support Engineer
As Affirmed Networks continues to introduce new products and expand relationships with our partners, we are looking to hire a Senior Support Engineer.
The Senior Support Engineer role is the primary interface for the Affirmed Networks Services and will include Professional Service deliveries. Also responsible for receiving, working and ultimately resolving all issues relating to the customers including bug tracking, escalations, RMA, upgrades & deployments.
- Provide technical support and 3GPP expertise on Affirmed products.
- Provide on-call support.
- Engage vendors to resolve hardware and RMA devices.
- Validate and replicate production issues in a lab environment.
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) to management / customer(s) in a clear, concise manner regarding all activities, plans, escalations and schedules.
- Maintain skills on current and legacy Affirmed Networks platforms and applicable technologies as well as identifying, engaging and training for needs of future platform/releases/applicable technologies.
- Develop MOPs, technical alerts and field notices to communicate critical information required to test and support the products.
- Develop documentation required to support customer activities as directed by Affirmed Networks management.
- Direct and as needed participate in isolation of faults to hardware/software root cause and engage engineering resources as needed.
- Report and communicate service activity to the Service Manager and or Team Manager in the appropriate format as directed.
- Direct and assist in escalating vendor field problems.
- Drive any Affirmed related issues to completion as required with the help of Engineering as needed for resolution of bugs or other issues.
- At least 5 years of post-Bachelor’s experience with the following: Mobile core technologies, 3GPP, EPC, Virtualization ESXi and KVM, IP routing and switching, Unix/Linux, OpenStack
- Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX
- Background and experience in Telco signalling (Diameter, GTP, S1AP etc).
- Virtualization – VMware, KVM, OpenStack
- Proven technical skills and experience with Telco solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to drive, lead and own issues through to the engineering and management groups in order to resolve customer issues.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Automation experience using Python a plus.
Must have Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, or closely related.
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health, dental & vision insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off and holidays, and a 401K plan. We have a diversified group of people who thrive on collaboration in our dynamic environment. We pride ourselves on our high commitment, high performance, winning culture that fosters and develops an atmosphere of trust, respect, open communication, and employee development.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com